Causes of False Alarms
Human error is the largest single cause of false alarms!
1. Know your system and password!
2. Make sure all doors and windows are locked.
3. With motion or glass break detectors, make sure that windows are secured. A breeze can move curtains and plants, causing motion sensors to trigger. A glass break detector may react to outside noise.
4. Before setting your alarm system make sure family pets are in a “safe” area where they will not disturb motion sensors.
5. Do not allow any moving items to remain in an area where a motion sensor is located. Loose banners, fans and balloons cause false alarms.
6. Everyone with a key to your property should know how to operate the system and have a password.
No Password = Police Dispatch
7. Call CounterStrike before tenting fumigation or remodeling your home to get advice on how to prevent false alarms from smoke detectors caused by fumes or dust.
8. Investigate all unexplained alarms. Have your system serviced on a regular basis.
10. Change Your Main Control Panel Battery, Once a year
9. Make sure that your emergency contact list is current and accurate.